We are Travelers Canada
The Dominion of Canada General Insurance Company, St. Paul Fire and Marine Insurance Company and Travelers Insurance Company of Canada are the Canadian licensed insurers known as Travelers Canada.
We do things right
Whether it’s recommending the best coverage for your car, home or business, responding to a broker’s request, educating a client on ways to reduce risk, or managing a claim, at Travelers Canada we work hard to get things right. Our commitment to outstanding service combined with our comprehensive insurance-based solutions gives individuals and businesses the confidence they need to feel secure.
We have local presence and North American strength
We combine financial strength and international reach with local knowledge and expertise. As the Canadian arm of The Travelers Companies, Inc., we are part of an industry-leading organization committed to continuously evolving to meet customers’ ever-changing needs. In Canada, our approximately 1,300 employees in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Ottawa, and Montreal serve individuals and businesses from coast to coast.
We are here to help
If an accident or unforeseen event damages your car, home or business, we work hard to make things right. We’ll be with you from the moment we assess your claim and throughout the claim process to help get you back on track quickly.
We are specialists in underwriting, claims services and risk control
We work hard at the science of what we do: we analyze information, assess risk and measure results. We create the best possible combination of products and services for our broker partners and our customers. We strive to deliver outstanding service by excelling in three core insurance functions: underwriting, risk control and claims services.
We cover exposures, wherever they are located
For customers with exposures outside of Canada, we provide products and services to satisfy country insurance requirements via partners who have in-depth knowledge and local compliance expertise. Our colleagues in the United States service Canadian-based accounts with exposures south of the border.
We have a long history in Canada
- The Dominion of General Insurance Company, or The Dominion, began operations in 1887 with offices across Canada and head office in Toronto, Ontario.
- In 2009, St. Paul Fire and Marine Insurance Company and Travelers Guarantee Company of Canada merge their property casualty and surety operations under the name Travelers Canada.
- Paul Fire and Marine Insurance Company began operating in Canada in 1928
- Travelers Guarantee traces its Canadian roots back to 1988
- In 2012, Travelers Guarantee Company of Canada changes its name to Travelers Insurance Company of Canada. The Canadian licensed insurers Travelers Insurance Company of Canada and St. Paul Fire and Marine Insurance Company of Canada are known as Travelers Canada.
- In 2013, The Travelers Companies, Inc. acquires The Dominion of Canada General Insurance Company. The Dominion of Canada General Insurance Company, St. Paul Fire and Marine Insurance Company and Travelers Insurance Company of Canada are known as Travelers Canada.
The Travelers Companies, Inc. is a leading provider of property casualty insurance for auto, home and business
- Approximately 30,000 employees in Canada, the U.S., the U.K., Ireland.
- As of December 31, 2019, Travelers had assets totaling $110 billion, shareholders' equity of $26 billion and total revenue of approximately $32 billion.
- A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average
- One of Fortune Magazine’s most admired companies