Understanding Your Tow Rights
At Travelers Canada, we believe it is important that our consumers are educated and know their rights when their vehicle needs to be towed as a result of an accident.
What You Need to Know:
- You have the right to choose your tow provider*.
- You have the right to decide where your vehicle is towed*.
- You have the right to know the location where your vehicle will be towed.
- You have the right to ask for the tow providers name, phone number and place of business.
- You have the right to know if the tow provider is affiliated with any repair facility.
- Ensure you read everything that you are asked to sign by the tow provider to understand what you are agreeing to.
- If you make a payment to the tow company, you are entitled to make payment by debit or credit card and receive a copy of the receipt.
At any time during your claim, Travelers Canada is here to assist you along the way to help you understand your rights. Please reach out to our claim team at 1.800.661.5522.
* Unless otherwise directed by police