Commercial Real Estate

Commercial building insurance for real estate owners and managers

At Travelers Canada, we understand the unique needs of specialized industries. Our real estate solution is designed to meet the insurance needs of direct owners of real property as well as firms that manage the property of others.

The Travelers Canada advantage

  • Travelers risk control professionals have the knowledge, experience and technical ability to help real estate owners and managers identify and reduce exposures that could result in injuries or damage to property
  • Our highly trained claim professionals understand the types of losses that can occur
  • When there is a need for admitted U.S. policies, we have the comfort and expertise to insure our Canadian customers’ exposures in the United States

Key coverages

  • Functional building valuation
  • In-house equipment breakdown coverage
  • Fire department service charges
  • Fire protective equipment
  • Hacking event or computer virus attack
  • Outdoor property
  • Walkways, sidewalks, driveways and parking areas
  • Building ordinances or laws including increased cost of construction and demolition costs
  • Off-premises utility failure
  • Newly acquired premises
  • Directors and officers coverage for residential condominiums - optional

The Business Protection Series

Is your building safe? Our Business Protection Series will help make sure the answer is yes. This online video series shares key tips that you need to know as a building owner or manager - from preventing fire and water damage, to helping you reduce the risk of slips, trips and falls.

Our customers

We concentrated on a variety of real estate risks including:

  • Owners and managers of non-residential buildings
  • Owners and managers of condominium and apartment buildings

For more information about our real estate product, please contact your insurance broker or find a Travelers Canada broker in your area.